Can you believe it’s mid-June…WOW where has half of the year gone, already? Summer officially begins today and I’m here for ALL it has to offer!! It’s odd but very true – my brain goes into vacation mode when June hits, so I have to find ways to stay productive, creative and motivated. Lately I’ve been getting so much LIFE as I see results from the wonderful women I’ve been working with, and how their brands are thriving or when I get texts and phones calls that say G- I’m ready to get started!
So hopefully you’re not like me and your brain is very much still engaged and eager to get going. I’ve pulled together a few tips for you – I think this will help!
- Check out my new Monday Muse series on Facebook; just some things I’ve been thinking about – thought I’d share them. While you’re there, do me a favor and like the page! Stay tuned they’ll be more musing throughout the summer.
- Start a summer reading list– here are just a few that are on my list; this will probably get me through July! * I’ve read this one before, but it’s one of those books you need to keep in your rotation to help you stay on track!
- Plan a Brand Break otherwise known as a mini- retreat for yourself. I borrowed this idea from one of my new woman biz buddies- Amelia. In our last chat she mentioned this idea of having a retreat for herself and the business; taking time to get away, alone, change of scenery and really focusing on her brand and mapping out a plan of attack. I can’t wait to plan my brand break. Remember, it doesn’t have to be some place far away, but some place where you can be alone with your thoughts.
- Write out what you’ve accomplished these past 6 months. You should always take time and make note of the GOOD! It’ so easy for us to muse about what went wrong, or what we could have done differently and we sometimes fail to recognize what we’ve actually accomplished in a short amount of time. We need to realize what has happened in our brands, who we’ve touched or impacted and how we’ve grown.
- Last but not least, mark July 14th on your calendar– it’s a national holiday and we’ll all celebrate…not really it’s just my birthday! Well I won’t say “just” because anytime we have an opportunity to celebrate another birthday – that’s something to get excited about!
You should know that I’m not just telling YOU to do these things, but I plan to follow my own tips as well. While summer can usher in vacation – mode, it’s also a great time to regroup, reconnect and be restored. I’ll be sure to get in a little R&R, but I do plan to be busy; a few projects in the works and I have to keep moving if I want the next 6 months to be even better than the first!
I hope you have some fabulous and fun plans for the summer; I’ll be checking in on you!